Link to the video posted on Youtube:
- Can the formula used in Journey be used in, for example, triple A games?
- Can video games tell stories that are of the same quality as those found in books or movies?
- Is there still room for imagination in video games?
- Would Journey have the same impact if it followed the conventional narrative through cutscenes method?
- Journey. Thatgamecompany. 2012.
- Jenkins, Henry. “Game Design as Narrative Architecture.” First Person: New Media as Story, Performance, and Game. Eds. Noah Wardrip-Fruin and Pat Harrigan. Cambridge: MIT Press, 2004. 118-30.
- Polansky, Lana. “The Poetry of Created Space.” Bit Creature. 5 October 2012. https://web.archive.org/web/20150502082451/http://www.bitcreature.com/criticism/the-poetry-of-createdspace/
- Hero’s Journey (part 1) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWKKRbw-e4U
- Hero’s Journey (part 2) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVqT8s7bOTQ
- Clements, Ryan. “Journey Review.” IGN. 1 March 2012, http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/03/01/journey-review
- D.I.C.E. Summit 2017 – IGN Live, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SNdrEGSVUY